What is the “Baggage” that WordPress leaves behind?
In 2006-2007 as WordPress was breaking out of the BLOG-only stigma and was being recognized by geeks such as ourselves as a true powerhouse platform for business websites, back in those days the most popular and best-looking websites were often built around Flash splash pages – and sometimes the whole site was Flash — you’ve seen them: “Loading………”.
Baggage that steals any SEO – Flash and other complicated imagery-based script websites are often quite artistic – almost like watching a movie trailer with sound and motion. Woo Hoo! But guest what? The search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo cannot “see” them! They go to index the website and while the viewer might see several thousand words – the search engines see ZERO – NADA – NOTHING – just a web address with a flash player and gobbly-gook-code. If there was text content visible to the viewer telling a companies’ history and story – it was TOTALLY INVISIBLE to the search engines. Since all of the website’s content is NOT VISIBLE, it cannot be indexed – therefore when someone Google’s to find that business – that business is not going to be found.
Empowering People and Businesses with WordPress
No Webmasters Necessary – It wasn’t too many years ago that all websites required complicated Flash, Scripts or HTML coding to make any little change or addition to a website. A professional or other business owner would have to rely on the expensive services of a computer programmer or “webmaster” just to keep their website accurate and up-to-date. Not only was this expensive, it suppressed the website owners’ creative ability to regularly change and improve their website – thus the website sat there –essentially untouched– in a “static” condition and the search engines never saw ANY difference every time they re-indexed the site: thus no increase in Search Engine ranking.
Immediate Benefits of a WordPress Website
By building your website on WordPress you control the site, its content and:
- You don’t need to keep a computer programmer on retainer simply to make website changes and additions.
- You can add pages about your company, its employees, its services, its products – all by yourself.
- You can have a BLOG section to write articles, and news releases about your business and your services to make your website an “authority site.”
- You can pull in real-time activity on your social media marketing channels such as: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Linked-In, Flickr, etc.
- You can do ALL OF THIS yourself or have someone in your company or network – with basic computer skills– manage your website and your web marketing.